Friday, June 27, 2014

Fishing

I have a confession to make.  I am not a good fishing mom!  I feel terrible even typing that out for others to see.  I am sure both my grandpa's shake their heads at me from heaven.  I'm sorry.  I don't like the smell of fish. I really don't like it when the children want to touch the fish.  I am not a good fishing mom.  Neil is a good sport despite my lack of enthusiasm and takes the children fishing each summer.  Matthew loves to fish and he was so excited that the younger children wanted to go to the fishing pond this morning.  I enjoyed taking pictures of him helping Joshua and Lydia catch fish.  We spent the morning and came home with three catfish.  Lydia really wanted to catch a dogfish, but she was happy with what they got.  I tried really hard to not tell anyone to wash their hands and just be a good sport.  I hope they will have happy memories of fishing and not just of their mother not handling the experience. 
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free picture slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment