Friday, August 7, 2015

A picture is worth a thousand words

We have been so busy lately that I have gotten way behind on my blog.  I have so many things I want to post about.  Soon. It will happen soon, I hope.  Dr. Wiggins retirement party, the Sharp reunion, and so many summer activities will be coming soon.  I have invited a special guest to catch up on our trip to Virginia.  Bethany wrote a couple of pages about each day of our trip and I'll post those soon.

For now here is a picture walk through the main floor of our new house.  We are pretty much all unboxed and getting settled in. Our house is a bit of a maze to me still.  I always seem to lose the stairs both to go upstairs  and to go down to the laundry room.  The house is older, but that is fun.  I love the wood work.  Don't tell any one from my family, but I do like the colors on the walls.  I like the colors with the white trim around the rooms.  We are right across the street from Southern Virginia University and I love to hear the bell tower play each hour.  A  picture is worth a thousand words so here are the pictures of our house.

I love this little front entry way. There is a closet on the other end.

The Family room

Another view of the Family Room. The door leads to the office.

Looking from the Family room to the Quiet Room

I would love to add an office like this to our house.  I love all the windows in this room.

The Quiet Room

The Dining Room

The Dining Room from the other end

The Kitchen. Bethany loves the green paint in here.

The door into the kitchen from the cover patio

This used to be a breakfast nook.  I loved the idea of that, but we needed the table in the dining room so we could all eat together.  We moved the love seat out of the dining room and now this is a lttle sewing room.

Bethany has the most adorable bedroom.

The missing stairs. These stairs are not where I think they are and  I am always losing them.  They go upstairs and you can go left or right at the landing.  The other side goes down into the sewing room.  The sewing room leads to the kitchen.

The front view of our house from campus.

The covered patio between the house and the garage.  We don't use the garage.  The college uses it for storage and there will be an apartment over it soon.

I love this screened in covered patio.   The door goes into the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment