Sunday, July 14, 2013

Our week activities, Paris pictures and we have a date for the Fontan surgery

We had a busy week around here, I think that is usually the case. It is good to be busy.  Julia and Emma went to girls camp Tuesday through Thursday. It was a ward camp this year instead of the whole stake. They had some interesting adventures. They had a rattlesnake in camp on Thursday morning. Julia was glad she was still asleep in her tent when it decided to come into camp for a visit.  They went on a 15 minute walk that turned in a 2 1/2 hour hike. The joke is no 15 minute walks.  They had a great time and came home tired. We are grateful for the amazing leaders who planned Girls camp and spent the time to go with them.   Thanks so much!!!

Yesterday Neil, Matthew and Emma went kayaking at Bighorn Reservoir. They went with the Forest Service on an organized trip. They had a good time kayaking for a couple of hours.  They stayed after to fish for a few hours. Matthew only caught one 4 inch baby catfish, but he just loves fishing even if the fish aren't biting.  Bethany and I clogged in Powell yesterday for Crazy Days.  Funny story...I forgot to go out for one of our songs. I saw Bethany and Lisa go out and didn't think much about it. Suddenly I realized I was supposed to be out there and had to hurry out. It was easier to smile through that song because I was still laughing at myself.

Here are some pictures the girls took in France. They had a great time together.  They came home tired, but glad they went. They experienced a pick pocket in line behind them, but none of them had anything stolen.  They nearly didn't take their camera, they forgot it and had to come back to get it. They took some neat pictures, but not as many as they would have liked. They didn't have the right kind of charger for the battery to use in France and had to borrow chargers from others in the group. They saw some amazing things and I am glad they went, but more glad to have them home again.























I have been thinking about getting my hair cut for several months and looking at different styles I might like. I finally decided to just do it. I really like my new hairstyle. It is so fast and easy to do.  Here is a look at the new look.


We are headed to Salt Lake on July 28th for Joshua's fontan surgery. He has appointments at Primary Children's on the 29th and a visit to the Cath Lab on the 30th. He is scheduled for surgery on July 31st.  I have been afraid of this surgery for a long time (ever since I knew he would have to have it). Our faith is stronger than our fear and we will get through it.  We are leaving all the other children here in Powell while we go. It will be a challenge and I will worry about them, but I know they are able to help each other and take care of each other.  In a way, I am glad to not have to always have this surgery in the back of my thoughts.  I know the Lord has a plan for Joshua, I just have to do my best to trust and follow that plan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment