Sunday, July 21, 2013

A wonderful surprise....

 On Wednesday we bought a 2007 Kia Rio. We decided to let Bethany take the Cavalier when she goes to school. We wanted another small car.  It is a fun little car to drive.  This is what it looks like.




  It was exciting to buy a new car, but that wasn't the best news of the week.  Wednesday was also the ward Pioneer day picnic.  The primary was in charge.  It went so well! Much less stressful than the Christmas breakfast last year.  It was much easier because I ordered food and didn't try and cook it all myself.  We had square dance instruction that was so much fun.  There were lots of new members and part member families there to fellowship with. It was wonderful!!

We got a wonderful surprise on Friday afternoon when Rebecca called to say she was on the way home for the weekend.  This weekend has been such a blessing to have all ten children home together before Joshua's surgery.  I needed to have them all here and spending time together. I am so grateful she came home.  She has loved being with all her brothers and sisters.

Neil took Matthew, David and Dallin to Renner Reservoir Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning.  They had a great time together.  They caught lots of fish but they released them all after.  That is my kind of fishing.  Those of us who stayed home had a good time together. We watched a movie and made pizza on Friday. Thursday we had some technical difficulties with the freezer alarm, but it wasn't too big of a deal.

Today has been a good Sabbath day. It is so nice to stay home and have all the children here.  Next Sunday we will be leaving for Utah. I am not ready for this, but my faith is stronger than my fear. I just have to remind myself of that.  I found a story that is a good way to think about Joshua's heart.  Here it is:



It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus 'I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you'. Jesus reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down, and says, 'How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you, will that be okay?' The angel smiles and says, 'I guess that will work'. But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, 'Will I be okay with only half of my heart?' Jesus replies, 'Of course you will, I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine.' Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says 'When you are born, your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family, play and laugh everyday, And when it is time to come back to heaven, I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken, just torn between two loves.' -Author Unknown 

Thanks for your prayers for Joshua!!  We are so grateful. Please also pray for our other children that will be staying home alone for who knows how long.  They are responsible and capable, but it will be difficult at times.  I know there is a plan and I trust the Lord will take care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment