Monday, April 15, 2019

Warfare

It is outright warfare at our house this spring.  We have an adorable little red-breasted nuthatch, actually a nice couple of nuthatches, that have decided our house is a good place to hang out. I really wouldn't mind, but they are pecking holes in the front of our house.  They have been hanging around a couple of weeks.  We first saw one of them perched on the front of our house and I thought it was kind of a cute little bird.  Little did I know what they were up to.  I heard a tap, tap, tapping one day and went out to look. There was that little bird pecking at the house.  I scared it away, but it came right back.  I sent Joshua out to scare it away, but it came back.  I sent David out, and it came right back.  I went out and took pictures and it didn't even think about flying away.  I have even heard it on the side of the house, but it is too high and I can't see where it is pecking.  I went out today and hung a pie pan and cd over the holes. I hope it will scare the birds off. I haven't heard them out there since I hung them.  Maybe I should just build them a birdhouse so they will leave my house alone. 

Here are the pictures of our little nuthatch:






No comments:

Post a Comment