Tuesday, January 29, 2019

What a difference a little sugar can make

Last week I was baking bread like I usually do. The bread just wasn't working out. It was heavy and not rising much, if at all.  I went ahead and baked it just to see if it would somehow rise in the oven.  It didn't.  I decided to try again. This time I tasted the sugar in the jar before putting it in.  I found my problem. The sugar jar had accidentally been filled with salt.  I used sugar and the bread turned out beautiful, even though it was way past lunch.

Moral of the story for life: It takes a little sweetness to make life enjoyable. I am trying to answer more cheerfully and kindly in my home. I am working to be the sweetness in my family's day.  I recently read Sister Craig's talk from October 2018 General Conference.  I love this quote and am truly striving to have it become who I am.

"But peace comes in knowing that being more does not necessarily equate to doing more. Responding to discontent by resolving to follow promptings changes the way I think about “my time,” and I see people not as interruptions but as the purpose of my life."

I hope to be the sweetness that helps each member of my family grow to what they can become with the help of the Lord. That is one of my goals for this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment