Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Oh the hikes you will go on

Dallin has been working hard on scout requirements lately.  He needed to go on a 5 mile hike or a 10 mile bike ride using a map and compass. Dallin chose to do the 5 mile hike.  Usually, I let Neil take the boys on these activities and I hold the fort down at home.  I decided that I could go along and let the older kids hold the fort down.  Dallin and Neil came up with the plan of when and where. I just went along.  We went on Saturday, January 12th. There was a really heavy frost from the fog that morning. Everything was really beautiful but slippery.  We hired Bethany to take us out to where we wanted to start so we could leave the other car where we were going to end up.

Dallin did a good job taking charge and leading us on our hike. We went out be the Hecht's house and walked back the five miles to the car.  The only hard part was coming down off the bench at the end. I think once will be enough for me. It was steeper and harder than I had anticipated.  We all made it though. It was a fun day to spend with Neil and Dallin.

When we got back to Powell we were going to take Dallin out for ice cream, but McDonald's ice cream machine was broken.

I hope Dallin will remember these activities and know that we did things with him because we love him.    Here are some pictures from our adventure:















No comments:

Post a Comment