Sunday, May 1, 2016

Knight Run and Polynesian Luau

Last Saturday, April 23, SVU had a 5k fun run with a luau afterwards. First there was a fun run around Main Hall for the children. Dallin, Joshua, and Lydia ran. Dallin came in second.  They all had fun.

 Neil and Matthew ran the 5k. Emma and I walked it together.  It was a fun activity.  Neil took 2nd in his age division and Matthew took 3rd in his.  Emma and I had a good time talking as we walked.  Emma did great! She can do things like this so much better than she could before she got medication for her arthritis.

We all really enjoyed the luau afterward.  The food and dancing was really good.  Between a couple of the dances a SVU couple got engaged.  It was fun to watch.  The fire dance at the end was the most impressive.  Pei, on of Neil's students, did the fire dance.  It was amazing that he could do it without being burned.  He told Neil he started doing it when he was about nine.  He does have burn marks on his body, but he can tolerate the pain now.  He does fire dancing to relieve stress.  I think I will stick with walking to relieve stress in my life.
How Matthew prepared for the race.

Dallin and Joshua ready for the start of the race

Dallin finishing

Joshua finishing

Lydia finishing

Emma and Grace ready to start







Matthew showing his colors after the color run




Here are some pictures from the luau.  Pictures don't do it justice.  The video of the fire dance was cool, but I can't figure out how to take it off my camera so I only have pictures to post.




Our group of boys that watched the luau together

The couple that got engaged between dances



I guess now if we never get to the Polynesian Cultural Center I can still say I've been to a Polynesian luau.  It was a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment