Sunday, November 15, 2015

Visiting the Pumpkin Patch

I am way behind.  There are so many things I want to catch up on my blog.  Someday.  I'll start today by posting about the pumpkin patch field trip.   On Friday, October 23 I took Joshua, Lydia, Dallin and MaryAnne to a pumpkin farm for a field trip with K12 (Joshua's school).  Lydia was so excited to tell Matthew and David she knew all about farms because this was the third farm she had gone to.  The kids loved listening to the pumpkin farmer talk about growing pumpkins.  Dallin was very willing to ask and answer questions.  They loved riding on the trailer behind the tractor to the pumpkin field and choose their own pumpkins.  Joshua really wanted to find a pokemon gourd, but they had all been picked.  Each of us found a little pumpkin and a gourd.  We also went through the corn maze.  We actually didn't find all the clues in the corn maze, but it was time to quit and move on to something else. Lydia loved the corn box. It was like a sandbox, but filled with corn.  The kids also liked the duck race.  You pumped water down to move your rubber duckie to the finish.  Joshua also enjoyed the gourd bowling. The farm was about an hour and half away from us.  I took Julia along so I would have a second driver and someone to talk to if I got sleepy.   We went to Burger King for lunch after the farm.  It was a fun day at the farm.

Ready to go pick out pumpkins






A fun duck race using a pump to move your duck





Strike

The cornbox


Cute scarecrows

No comments:

Post a Comment