Sunday, November 22, 2015

Part of my heart is headed to Houston, Texas

Well the day that we have been waiting for has finally come and gone.  Bethany flew out of Roanoke early Tuesday morning to go the MTC on Wednesday.  It wasn't easy to say goodbye to her for 18 months.  In fact it was very hard.  I don't know which was harder, saying goodbye myself or watching her dad and siblings say goodbye.  It was an emotional goodbye at the airport.  The pictures aren't that great, it is hard to take good pictures while crying at the airport.  She will be a great missionary and there is no where else I would rather have her be right now.  I just know I am going to miss her like crazy.  She will be blessed and helped as she serves the Lord.

A few weeks before she left we heard that Sam Houston was born right here near Lexington.  We took Bethany to go see the monument there and took a few pictures.

Part of my heart will be walking around Texas for the next 18 months and there is no where else I would rather have it be.





Just before she went through security to board the plane

No comments:

Post a Comment