Monday, January 20, 2014

Saturday Morning tradition and how Lydia reacts when everyone isn't home

I am not very good about cooking breakfast for my family, that is putting it nicely.  I could really say I don't cook breakfast for my family.  Cold cereal or toast is what they really want anyway, so that is our usual breakfast.  A few years ago I decided I needed to do something different on Saturday morning and started the tradition of cooking french toast on Saturday.  It is the only day of the week that we all sit down and eat breakfast together.  The other days we all eat at our own schedule, some people eat on everyone's schedule.  I think they are really hobbits and they need a second breakfast.

I love this Saturday morning tradition!  There are seasons (sports seasons) that get in the way of us all being home together.  We just had one of those Saturdays where there was lots going on so only 6 of us were home for breakfast.  Emma had basketball games in Thermopolis so she left at 6:00 in the morning.  No breakfast cooked that early, she had to make do with cold cereal.  Next, Neil, Matthew and David left at 7:00 to go ice fishing with the High Priests and Young Men.  They had to fend for themselves also.  

We have the fun tradition of using our name plates that Kendra made for each of us at Saturday Breakfast.  The children love to set the plates around the table.  Lydia was helping to set on Saturday.  I only gave her the 6 plates for those of us who were home.  She was so sad that some of the family were gone.  She cried that Neil, Rebecca, Bethany, Matthew, Emma and David  weren't home.  She was sure we couldn't eat until they were all here again.  I thought it was so cute that she really wanted everyone to be here.  You can see how she reacted.  I hope we will have everyone home next Saturday. The children better give up what they want to do and just stay home.  It means a lot to Lydia.





No comments:

Post a Comment