Sunday, October 13, 2013

Joshua's film debut

When we went to Doctor Wiggins in August they approached us about featuring Joshua for a fundraiser for St. Vincent's Healthcare. I agreed because Dr. Wiggins and his staff are very important to me. I remember before we brought Joshua home the first time wondering what we would do about his checkups. I thought we might have to make trips back to Salt Lake on a monthly basis at the beginning. I was really worried about that for a couple of reasons. 1)I would have to do it by myself during the school year (Neil gets lots of time off, but you don't get to choose when you get it off.) 2)I wanted to know that we were close enough to see a doctor if Joshua had a need that a pediatrician couldn't handle. When Dr. Burch at Primary Children's told me that they were arranging a followup visit with the pediatric cardiologist in Billings I was amazed and so grateful that we could see a doctor in Billings. I have complete confidence in Dr. Wiggins. He is amazing!!! He reminds me of President Eyring in looks and in his calm, peaceful manner. He really does do all he can to help these special heart kiddos. I also love his nurse, Melissa. She is so good with the kids. I think she could be a child photographer if she ever wanted a different job. She is so good and patient with the kids and amazing at getting them to smile. Dr. Wiggins and his office have become important parts of our life. This didn't start out to be a post about pediatric cardiology, but I just wanted to let you know the reasons that we consented to doing this video. Actually, when Dr. Wiggins asked me about featuring Joshua I thought it would be a billboard in Billings and would just involved pictures so I agreed. When I found out they were coming to our house to film our family and do interviews I seriously considered backing out. The children hope that someday I will learn to say no to newspaper interviews, and fundraising videos. I think I should take their advice and say no in the future. Anyway, I don't really like my part on the video, but I do feel grateful to share Josua's story. Emma played in her conference tournament on Saturday in Cowley, Neil went to watch her play. Her team took 2nd and she was happy about it. The girls really have gotten a lot better throughout the season. They had a great time and learned a lot. Emma made some good friends and had great coaches. It is fun to watch her play. Matthew ran here in Powell on Thursday. Neil teaches on Thursday evening so he didn't get to watch much of the race. Matthew didn't feel very good. I love to watch him run, maybe it is that I am glad I'm not the one out there running. One of the dads cheered his son on by hollering "Hurt Good." I think that is a good definition of running. We also had our practice for the Primary Sacrament Meeting program on Saturday. We had a good turn out and I feel good about how it will go on the October 20th. We practiced earlier than normal because the 19th is Super Saturday. I will be glad when we have the opportunity to share out thoughts and songs on the 20th. (It is also Emma's 13th birthday) Thirteen years ago when I planned the program to be finished before she arrived in November she came earlier than I thought and I had a week old baby to take to the program and we also blessed her that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment