Friday, November 27, 2009

Things We are grateful for

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day yesterday. We enjoyed good food and being home together as a family. We had Martha over for dinner and enjoyed good company with her. If anyone went away from the table hungry it was their own fault. The children and I enjoyed cooking together on Wednesday. We made 9 pies. Neil cooked the turkey for us. Matthew peeled all the potatoes. We made so much that we couldn't fit it all in the fridge. We had to use the garage to store some of the good food. We all enjoyed eating together.

10 things we are grateful for: (this list is just a few of the many things we are grateful for, I don't think we can make a list the includes everything)
1. Being married to my best friend. I really love you!! and I'm grateful for you everyday!
2. Children, they make me smile every day!!
3. Listening to our three teenage daughters laugh together while playing a game yesterday. They must have really been having a good time. I am grateful they are friends.
4. Our boys, they keep our house hopping. Matthew, David and Dallin make us smile with all their energy and enthusiasm for life. They are always asking questions and keep us figuring things out. Little Joshua brings a smile to all of our faces. We all love to hold him. He is such a sweet little guy!!
5. Little girls, I love watching MaryAnne and Emma play Barbies or princess together. They are so sweet, most of the time.
6. Good parents, Neil and I were both born of goodly parents. Thank you for all your hard work, love and devotion. We love you!!
7. Jesus Christ, We are so grateful for the atonement, the Lord as blessed us with so much!
8. The gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't know where we would be without the gospel to help us guide our family through this world.
9.Temples, I am so grateful for temples and being able to attend the temple. I am so grateful that my children have a love of the temple.
10.Brothers and sisters, we are all grateful for you!!
11. Good friends, We have many good friends. Thanks for being a part of our lives.
12. I know I said ten, but why stop? Doctors and cardiologists, we wouldn't have out little Joshua with us without their help. We are grateful for good doctors and nurses who helped take care of our little guy.
13. Our home, it isn't always as clean as I would want. It isn't perfect, but it is big enough for us and it does keep us warm. Home is my favorite place to be. There's no place like home!!
14. Good health. We are usually a pretty healthy family. We are grateful that Joshua has stayed pretty healthy.

Well there you have it. Ten plus a few things that we are grateful for. We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you know we are grateful for you!!

1 comment: