Sunday, November 27, 2016

A hard lesson learned

We have been having computer problems.  We decided to backup our files and reset our computer back to what it was when we first got it.  I thought we had covered our bases and backed up a couple of ways.  Unfortunately, our back up plan had some holes.  We lost about one years worth of pictures.  We lost all the videos we had on the computer.  No more band concert videos, no videos of Joshua's cute monkey crawl, no video of Joshua and Dallin playing in the mud together or jumping on the trampoline.  The lesson to be learned is to check your back up plan before you reset your computer.  If I had simply checked to make sure things were really backed up I would have saved myself many tears.  I did shed quite a few tears over the situation.  Thankfully I had posted pictures on our blog and I could get those back.  It could have been much worse than it was.  I am grateful for the pictures we do still have, but I miss the pictures that I lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment