Sunday, April 12, 2015

A beautiful day for a track meet

Yesterday Matthew had a track meet here in Powell. It was a beautiful day for a track meet, except the wind did come up at times through the day.  Matthew ran three events the 4x800 relay, the mile and the two mile.  It was his first time running the relay.  He ran a 2:20 for his leg of the relay.  I thought we should call the team the Stormin mormons since all four boys were LDS.  Julia didn't think they would appreciate being called that.  They did an awesome job! Cody Akin ran the anchor leg and they barely won by about a step.  It was an exciting race to watch.  I love to watch Matthew run and yell for him. He didn't have much time between the relay and the mile.  Last week he ran a personal best at 5:23.  This week he ran a 5:29, but that was after just running a fast half mile.  He barely beat Ezra Andreasen in the mile.  Ezra returned the favor in the two mile and just out lasted Matthew.

Neil was there for the relay and the mile race, but had to go to Cody for a fireside in the afternoon.  He had to miss out on Matthew running the two mile.  I am glad he is willing to serve and sacrifice. 

I took pictures at the track meet, but I'll have to post them later when I find the cable to get them off my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment