Sunday, February 10, 2013

Exciting news around here

Two weeks in a row with a post!!! That must be the most exciting thing around, right?  Some weeks it might, but not this week.  This week we had two very exciting things happen.  On Thursday my mom and dad called to tell us their mission call had come in the mail. We all gathered around with the phone on speaker to hear them tell us that they were called to serve a leadership support mission is Ireland/Scotland. They leave on July 1, 2013 for 18 months.  We are so excited for them and the blessings their service will bring our family. Every since we heard I have been  singing "Grandma and Grandpa are going away on a mission" in my mind.  I remember singing that song for my own grandparents when they went on their mission to Australia years ago.  Thanks for being willing to serve Mom and Dad. I am going to miss you so much!! But I am glad you are going! You are setting an amazing example for your children and grandchildren to follow.


The other exciting news of the week came on Friday when Bethany casually mentioned to me that she had received an email from BYU-Idaho saying she had been accepted. She still hasn't decided where she wants to go. I am just glad she has the option to choose to go to BYU-I. I loved my time there at good old Ricks College.  It was a good year for me with lots of wonderful memories.  She is an exciting stage of life right now with all kinds of options available to her.  I know she will make the right decision and use her talents, abilities and faith to succeed where ever she chooses to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment