Sunday, October 9, 2016

General Conference/ Utah Road trip

We left Thursday after school to head to Utah.  We stopped in Riverton to eat dinner and trade drivers.  We wanted to make sure that Emma got some night time driving in.  It was a late night of driving, we got to Grandma and Grandpa's house about 1:15 Friday morning.

Friday was a busy day.  Neil and I went to the temple to do sealings in the morning.  In the afternoon Lydia had an appointment with a specialist for her eyes, that was the reason we made the trip in the first place.  We were able to schedule her surgery for later in October.  Friday evening we went to the BYU vs Toledo football game.  The game started at 8:15 so it was another late night.  We actually finished driving at about the same time as the night before.  It was a fun game to be at.  BYU won
55-53.  Once again the game came down to the last second.  BYU kicked a field goal with only 2 seconds left in the game.
Lydia and the Lorax at the hospital

Saturday morning Neil took Rebecca, Matthew, Emma, David, MaryAnne and Dallin to the Conference Center for conference.  They rode trax to the Conference Center.  They enjoyed listening to conference. On the way home Neil and the kids stopped to see some the museums in Salt Lake. Joshua, Lydia and I listened with Grandpa and Grandma.  Aaron just slept.  It was great to be at Grandma and Grandpa's house for Conference.
Grandpa and Grandma loving supplied donuts for Saturday morning breakfast. The children really enjoyed eating donuts.

Waiting to catch the Trax up to the Conference Center

Ben and Dawn came for Saturday afternoon and evening. Saturday afternoon session I think we were all a little bit sleepy from out late nights.  Neil and the boys listened to Priesthood with Grandpa and Uncle Ben.  We took the kids downstairs to hang out and visit.  Elder Hatch's mother and sisters came over to meet us and send a box home for him.  It was fun to meet his family.

Sunday morning we slept in some and then got ready to drive home.  We left just before 10:00 so we could listen to the morning session while we drove.  We didn't get to hear the afternoon session. We couldn't find it on any radio stations. Aaron traveled really well. We only stopped at South Pass for him to nurse.  As we were getting back ti Powell we saw a beautiful full rainbow.

It was a great weekend to be together and visit family.  Matthew didn't get to run in Thermopolis on Saturday morning, but he was happy to be at a barn burner BYU game.  We are grateful that Lydia is finally getting help for her drifting eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment