Sunday, February 14, 2016

Baby it's cold outside and Happy Valentine's day!

Well we are experiencing a cold front again.  This morning when Neil left to go to meetings at the church he said it was 3 degrees outside.  That's cold!  What makes it really cold is that our heater quit working yesterday.  We do have a couple of space heaters and a natural gas fireplace in the living room. but it is cold in our house. We sent in a maintenance request to the college yesterday and I hope they will come fix our heater tomorrow.  I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning.  I could feel the cold air all around me and I just wanted to stay under the blankets.

We had our traditional Valentine's dinner with shrimp and baked potatoes tonight.  We also had buttermilk chicken and mashed potatoes. After dinner we went to New Beginnings at the church.  When we got home we had hot fudge brownie sundaes.  It was a fun Valentine's dinner.  I also made peanut butter cups for everyone.

It was New Beginnings tonight and since MaryAnne is turning 12 this year she was invited.  It was a fun Sister shower.  We got word while we were there that school is cancelled for tomorrow because of the cold and it was snowing while we were there.

MaryAnne, Dallin, Josh and Lydia are taking advantage of the house being cold tonight and having a sleepover in the living room around the fireplace.  They think it is fun to sleep on the couches. We'll see how much sleep they get.  I hope they stay warmer around the fire than they would in their rooms.

Everyone stay warm and we hope you had a happy Valentine's day!!  I am grateful for Neil and the love that we share for each other.  I am grateful for that today and eveyday!!  We should celebrate love everyday!  I also think of this day as We Love to Be a Family Day! I am so grateful for families in Heavenly Father's plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment