Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thanksgiving

We were so blessed to have all of our children here for Thanksgiving.  Rebecca worked on Wednesday and then drove up on Thursday.  She got here a couple of hours earlier than we expected. What a wonderful surprise to see her drive up.

We did all of our cooking, except the turkey the day before.  We were able to enjoy the day together playing games and visiting.  We played card games and dice games.  We enjoyed being together.  We skyped with Grandpa and Grandma Sharp for the last time before they come home from Ireland.  It was fun to see them.

We had quite a feast, but as usual I didn't get any pictures.  I think the only year that I have remembered to take pictures of our dinner I didn't have any film in the camera.  Neil helped me make a truly beautiful lemon meringue pie. Thanks, Neil, I enjoyed working on the pie with you.  I did take a picture of that, but it was half gone.  We had so much yummy food.  We ate it for a couple of days. I enjoyed not having to cook for a few days.  Having two turkeys meant that there was plenty for sandwiches after. Matthew says that turkey sandwiches just might be better than thanksgiving dinner.

We are so blessed and grateful for all that we have.  Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family to share it with.


No comments:

Post a Comment