Saturday, June 29, 2013

This week in review

This has been an interesting week at our house. It has been like going back in time and having the oldest child be 14.  Neil, Bethany and Julia left on Sunday afternoon to go to Denver.  Bethany and Julia flew to Paris on Monday morning and Neil began an exciting bike adventure.  He wanted to get 1000 miles in a week.  He planned out a route before they left, but the wind didn't cooperate on the first day. He ditched the plan and rode with the wind.  I just talked with him on the phone and he said he made his goal of 1000 miles.  He rode 2000 miles in June.  I don't think I could ever do that. 

I haven't heard much from Bethany and Julia.  Hope they are having a good time.  The younger children each took a turn being sick before the girls left. I have been hoping they haven't gotten sick in Paris.  That would be rotten to have time in France and be sick in your motel.  They are flying into Denver Monday afternoon and then driving home.  I can't wait to hear about their adventures.

The children here at home and I tried to do something fun each day so we wouldn't feel like we were just staying home and working while others were out having fun.  Monday we went to Monster University.  We don't very often take our children to the theater so they thought it was great.  Tuesday we went to the library and got ice cream cones. Wednesday we had an epic water fight at the park. It was so much fun!! Thursday we went to the Safari Sally program at the library. It was an adventure (never take a potty training child to the library without a change of clothes, you would think I would remember that by #10).  Friday I let each child make their own pizza and we watched Alice in Wonderland (missed having you here Rebecca). Saturday we played fairytale charades to earn a family reading ticket from the library.  We have had a good time at home.

I did something funny to my shoulder on Wednesday and can't move my right arm very much.  I need help doing lots of things that used to be easy. Unfortunately it begins to really hurt each night and I can't sleep very well. I hope it heals soon because I am getting very tired.

Well that is our week in review. Hopefully next week I'll have pictures of the France and bike adventures to share. Maybe I'll let them do the post for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment