Wednesday, December 1, 2010

David turned 8




David was so excited to turn eight. He had his traditional football birthday cake. I think he has had one every year except his first birthday. At least they aren't very hard to decorate and I have gotten pretty good at doing them.

We traditionally have given our children a new set of scriptures for their birthday when they turn eight. I thought about it a month before his birthday, but then I forgot to order his scriptures. When he finished opening presents the older girls asked where his scriptures were and that was when I remembered I hadn't ordered any. I ordered them the next morning. He was patient with my forgetfulness, but couldn't wait to get his own quad. He was excited when his package came in the mail.

David was also very excited to start cub scouts. Unfortunately, it has taken mom a few weeks to get in the habit of sending him on Wednesday afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment