Sunday, July 15, 2018

Rebecca's birthday

26 years ago we were blessed to have a beautiful daughter. I wasn't sure she was ever going to decide to come.  Once labor was induced it didn't take too long for her to get here.

We are so grateful to blessed to have her in our family.  In honor of her 26 years I will post 26 things I love about Rebecca.

1. She works hard at staying in touch with her younger siblings. I love that she thinks of them and calls each of them on their birthday.

2. I  love her smile.

3. I love to hear her call me "Mama"

4. I love how she will burst into song at any random moment.  She has a song to go with almost any comment.

5. I love her kindness.

6. I love her courage to follow her dreams.  I know it takes courage to continually audition for shows and know you are facing rejection but doing it anyway.  I have watched her do this since she was a small girl auditioning for MCT shows. She follows her dreams beautifully.

7. I love that she loves to learn. She has got to be one of the most well-read people around.  She has always loved to learn.

8. I love her laugh. I remember once when she was watching a silly movie and literally rolled off the couch laughing.  It makes me smile to hear her laugh.

9. I love that she isn't afraid to try new things.  She now likes sushi. I don't think I will ever even try sushi.

10. I love that she loves Disney and Disneyland. I think she can thank me for that.

11. I love that she spent a whole year wearing dresses and skirts to school every day just because she wanted to give it a try.  She isn't afraid to do things differently than others.

12. I love that she grew up telling Peter Pan stories to herself.  I am glad she is content with bearing herself and didn't need anyone else's approval to be happy with herself.

13. I love that she isn't afraid to handle stressful situations.  The two times the girls have flown and missed their flights she was the one who stayed calm and helped them get on another flight.

14. I love her musical talent. I miss hearing her play the piano and the guitar.

15.  I love that she isn't afraid to let her feelings show.  Sky high or in the depths of despair, I am grateful she lets me know how she is feeling.

16. I love that she knows how to fold paper boats.  I don't know how to fold a paper boat.  One time she and Bethany filled the whole ping pong table with very small paper boats. They used the advertising pages out of Readers Digest.  It took them quite awhile to fold them all.

17. I love that she loves Shakespeare.  I took a Shakespeare class in college, but she knows the stories much better than I ever have.  The girls used to use the castle people to act out the plays as they read them together.

18. I love that she likes to bake. One year we enjoyed the cookies that she made every Friday.

19.  I love that she is a true friend. She stands by her friends and is willing to help them out.

20. I love that she dreams big.

21.  I love that she is willing to do things with the younger children.  I have a picture in my mind of her sitting in the sandbox with Joshua when she a senior in high school. Josh and Lydia love that she and Justin took them to the aquariam.

22. I love that she has a sensitive spirit. Since the time that she was very small she had a sense of right and wrong and wanted to do the right thing.

23. I love that she sings along with the radio. When she was at home she would race in from the car and turn the radio on to finish singing along with a song.  Now the radio always stays on the same station and no one changes it.

24.  I love that Rebecca is willing to share what she is learning about.

25. I love to talk with Rebecca. She is fun to listen to when she gets exited about something.

26.  I love that Rebecca is happy. She looks for the good in people and is a happy person.

I love you, Rebecca! Thanks for making me a mama and learning and sharing this family journey with us.  Happy Birthday!! Love, Mom






No comments:

Post a Comment