Sunday, December 3, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving on November 23, 2017. We did miss having Rebecca and Justin, Julia, and Matthew at home.  Neil, Bethany and I went to the temple in Billings on Wednesday. I usually do a lot of preparation for Thanksgiving on Wednesday so that was a little different this year. I came home after the temple and baked the rolls.  I planned to cook the turkey in the pressure cooker so that freed up the oven for Thursday.  We heard that Sister Cordes and her boys, Zane and Ryan, didn't have plans so we invited them over.  We had a fun day and a delicious meal.  The turkey was done in about an hour in the pressure cooker.  It was moist and delicious.  Sister Cordes brought pumpkin pie and a cranberry dish.  We also made dry jello salad, cookie salad, Chocolate cream pie, peanut butter pie, German Chocolate pie and Coconut Cream pie.  Bethany had to work at 4:00 so we ate at about 2:00.

Sister Cordes and her boys stayed around for few hours in the afternoon. We taught them how to play pool After David and the boys played a few games we decided to play the moms against the boys in a game of 8 ball.  David, Dallin, Zane and Ryan ended up beating Sister Cordes, Joshua and me.  We came close though.  We only had one ball left when they won.  It was a fun afternoon.

Neil started a project of painting the family room Thursday afternoon.  I have always thought the family room was painted too dark.  Even though I picked out the paint 8 years ago I never liked it.  I love the new color, it really isn't a new color, it matches the rest of the house now.  I am so grateful that Neil was willing to take his Thanksgiving weekend and paint for me.

The kids played Hearts in the evening. It was fun to listen to them play as we primed the walls and worked in the family room.  It was a fun day!





















No comments:

Post a Comment