Sunday, September 10, 2017

Paddle boarding for date night

Neil and I try and do a date night each week.  On Friday Neil checked out some paddle boards from the college.  We took them to Deaver Reservoir to give paddle boarding a try.  They were inflatable so it was easy to transport them.  We had a nice air pump from the college that filled them part way. We had to do a little work to finish filling them with a hand pump.

Paddle boards are kind of like thick surf boards.  You can stand or kneel on it and paddle around.  Neil was able to stand up without any problem.  He was being a gentleman and helping steady my board so I could stand up.  I was kind of nervous getting on and my feet keep getting stuck in the mud.  I finally got on the board, but in the process of trying to stand I tipped my board over.  Somehow, my falling also caused Neil to lose his balance and go in right behind me.  We only fell in that one time.  After that we were able to get back on and paddle around without falling.  We were both able to stand on the boards.  We were told that sometimes people ride these boards down the river.  I know I wouldn't be able to keep my balance going down a river.  It was hard enough just on the peaceful lake. I enjoyed paddle boarding together.  It was a fun activity.

Here are a few pictures:






No comments:

Post a Comment